Once the fire alarm signal was received, Taylor first called the home to verify that the alarm was in fact real. When no one answered the phone, she immediately took action and called the fire department.
Responding authorities found that a log in the fireplace had caught on fire. The flue was not open and the smoke had caused the alarm. There was smoke up the wall in the bedroom where the fireplace was located.
Luckily, no one was injured and the first responders were able to eliminate further threat for the family while they were not home.
When people think of smart security systems, they often think of intrusion protection. However, a Honeywell alarm panel can also protect your family and your home from the deadliest intruder of all - fire.
We recommend adding wireless smoke detectors to all systems so that our home alarm monitoring services can watch for fire whether you are there or not.
You cannot rely on your neighbors or yourself to react quickly enough when there's an emergency. They may not be home, and you need to focus on getting your family out of the house as fast as possible. Let us call those who can save you.
Download the Ultimate Guide to Home Security and learn:
Top 5 misconceptions about home security
How to assess vulnerabilities in your home
Why home security is about more than preventing burglaries
Cutting-edge security equipment: how home security has changed