Massachusetts faced the snowy wrath of a third nor’easter in two weeks on Tuesday. Several communities received over a foot of snow.
Thick blankets of snow and strong winds felled trees and knocked out power across the state.
Several homes from Foxboro to Sandwich to Falmouth suffered damage to homes and infrastructure.
One tree worker was seriously injured as he cleared a tree from a road in Carver Tuesday afternoon. According to Carver PD, the 33-year-old Rhode Island man fell from the truck, injuring his face and hand.
Carver Police say the incident “highlights the danger all lineman, tree workers, DPW workers and public safety personnel face during these types of storms.”
This tree crashed down onto West Concord Street at Newland Street in the South End yesterday morning - (Universal Hub)
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) reported that the storm caused more than 200,000 people to lose power.
The alarm system will continue to function until it fully drains the backup battery.
The Honeywell Lyric Controller comes by default with a standard 4-hour battery rated at 1100mAh. For additional battery capacity, consider upgrading to the Honeywell LCP500-24B, the 24-hour backup battery rated at 3700mAh.
If the central monitoring station loses power, will my alarm system no longer function?
Nope, you're completely safe. Our monitoring station in Rocky Hill, CT lost power in the second nor'easter last week, but then the backup generator kicked in to ensure all of the employees could continue doing their job and dispatching emergency services when needed. Whenever disaster strikes, we're ready.
How do I install a new battery into my Honeywell Lyric alarm system?
Here's what you need to do:
1. Select "Test" in the Installer Programming Tools Menu OR select the "Advanced" icon at the Master User Tools Menu.
2. Select “Install Backup Battery” and follow the steps that you see. Alternatively, follow the steps listed below.
Take out the battery
1. Unscrew the screw securing the controller to the wall mount. If you keep your control panel on a desk stand, skip to step 4.
2. Release the catch securing the controller to the wall mount.
3. Turn the controller away from the wall and remove it from the wall mount. Excessive force can damage your wiring, so be careful when doing this step.
4. Disconnect the battery pack connector from the chamber at the back of the controller.
5. Remove the screw that holds the battery in, then remove the battery container.
6. Remove the battery pack from the back case.
How to Replace the Battery for Your Lyric Controller
1. Install the fresh battery into the back of the controller.
2. Install the battery container.
3. Screw that container back into the controller.
4. Link the battery pack connector to that container in the back of the controller.
5. Line up the slots on the back of the controller so that they correspond with the wall mount hooks.
6. Once it's firmly in there, use the screws to secure the Lyric to the mount.